[hobbit] Xymon client on ESX 3.5: goes purple after 30 minutes + disks not graphing

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Jul 8 16:55:47 CEST 2010

On Thursday, 8 July 2010 14:35:05 loris.serena at pncgis.ie wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> First of all, congratulations Buchan!!!
>

> I have a couple of issues on two VMWare ESX 3.5 boxes.
> The xymon client compiled ok and starts fine, just after 30 or so minutes
> of all green, the local tests (disk, cpu. memory, etc...) turn purple on
> the BBDISPLAY.
> On the ESX box (dubesxserver), the xymon client is still up

I have also see this occurring with xymon 4.2.3 on RHEL 3 clients, where the
Hobbit 4.2.0 client does not have this problem on RHEL3.

I have not had a chance to investigate further, so for now RHEL3 clients
Hobbit 4.2.0

Please confirm the glibc, kernel and xymon versions, and file a bug.

Regards,
Buchan