[hobbit] Re: [Hobbitmon-developer] Xymon is practically dead

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:09:24 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Olivier Beau <obeau79 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Xymon is just one part of the equation for me. I see a lot of potential
>> for Xymon in the Windows world but the BBWin client is well a very quiet
>> project as well. I am not sure yet if we would maybe fork the code or create
>> a new client. At this point I would suggest that maybe we look at a Java
>> based client for xymon so we can run on a huge variety of platforms with one
>> client. Anyway the whole client is a whole different ball game.
>
> i talked with Eric Grignon (a friend a mine) a couple weeks ago, he dropped
> bbwin's development and will not go back to it.
> -> you can consider bbwin "dead"

All, hope you don't mind the long threads contain different subjects
around "dead" xymon.
let me know if we new to start a new thread on the subject of BBWin.

Olivier,
Thanks for the good inside information.
No problem to  take a break or even dropping BBWin development by
original author. All I am asking is like what we do at work.
Submit your resignation and transfer your responsibility to next person.

I was able to compile Mr. Big using cross-compiler but BBWin is still
currently more feature complete than Mr. Big.

 See my post in R1, I am hoping we can work together to come up with a
working BBWin development machine and publish the procedure again so
others can take over BBWin development if need to.

tj
R1: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AANLkTilh6UEj9f5ePgAY0FfJEx9xYOT1y3vwOr8CuY6R%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=hobbitmon-developer

--
T.J. Yang