missing iostat.rrd

Roland Soderstrom rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Fri Jul 2 07:44:08 CEST 2010

I'm running xymon 4.3.0 on solaris.

For some reason my server don't get any iostat.rrd file.
I been trying to understand how the iostat gets to my server but this
just drives me crazy.

On the clients (all 6 of them) I get the
sh -c iostat -dxsrP 300 2 1>../tmp/hobbit_iostatdisk.host0.12761
processes
I get the tmp/hobbit_iostatdisk.host0.12761 file which disappears after
some time. (and with iostat data)
The server however never gets a iostat.rrd file.
As an example i tried to track the vmstat which works fine.
The clients manage to send vmstat so the server can generate vmstat.rrd
files, but not iostat

On the server I got iostat/vmstat in hobbitserver.cfg in the VARs
TEST2RRD and GRAPHS, which is there by default..
I tried to change iostat to iostatdisk as the name is like that, but no
change.

I checked all logs including apache2 logs and can't find anything.
How do I check if the clients sends something to the server?
How do I check if the server receives something?