[Hobbitmon-developer] Xymon is practically dead

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Jul 1 14:22:16 CEST 2010

On 06/30/2010 05:31 PM, Henrik Størner wrote:

> I agree that Xymon development has been pretty much non-existant the
> past couple of years. A number of things have conspired to make it
> so, but the short of it is that I cannot seem to put together the
> necessary energy to complete the 4.3.0 release. And that kind of
> puts a stop to the next steps.
>
> Is anyone interested in taking
> over the formal responsibility (if such a thing exists) of
> maintaining and/or developing Xymon ? Although I still think
> of Xymon as "my baby", I wouldn't mind someone else taking charge
> of the project - in fact, it might be the change that could get me
> away from the non-productive project-management chores and into a
> somewhat more active developer role.

Before a new admin is chosen, I think it would be a good idea to create
a list of the tasks and responsibilities that the volunteer(s) would be
taking on.  It doesn't have to be a complete list, but just something
that covers the major points.  If you want to be an active developer
(and I hope that you do, as you know the code better than anyone and can
help others get up to speed), it would be nice to know what the admin(s)
should be helping you with.

Tom