[hobbit] rrd 10 minute intervals

Richard Finegold goldfndr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:20:12 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 01:17, Scott Ryan <scottlryan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem I am having is that the data is only updated every 10 minutes.
> I configured the graph in /etc/xymon/hobbitgraph.d/somegraph.cfg - you
> can see I added the --step 600 option.
> My script runs every 10 minutes from the hobbitlaunch.d directory.
>
> The data in the rrd file does not tie up though  from the rrdtool
> dump. The last_ds is correct, but the actual value keeps returning NaN
> - and hence the graph does not generate.
>
>                <minimal_heartbeat> 600 </minimal_heartbeat>

rrdtool tune --heartbeat can change minimal_heartbeat from 600
(default, used for 300s intervals) to 900 or higher. Ideally, the
value should be identical to the LIFETIME value (if you're sending
"status color+LIFETIME", try "man bb"), as it serves the same purpose
as going purple: marking intervals of stale values as unknown. But
there's a history of LIFETIME defaulting to 1800 seconds...