[hobbit] Usefulness for xymonconfigsync?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Jan 12 17:52:47 CET 2010

On Tuesday, 12 January 2010 15:47:40 W.J.M. Nelis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > I've seen this link:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xymonconfigsync/
> >
> > Could some of you please share what are some of the ways in which you are
> > using this?
>
> That module is used quite frequently over here. That is not really
> surprising, as I am the author of that perl module.

[...]

> A way of using the xymonconfigsync module is described in the POD within
> the module.

Is there a reason we shouldn't be working on a consistent set of perl modules
for Xymon, which is maintained upstream?

I started on a simple Xymon::Client (attached) module, to start looking at
replacing what was being duplicated across a number of different perl extension
scripts. The next step (to be able to have thresholds in hobbit-clients.cfg) I
wanted to look at required parsing bb-hosts to represent the page layout (and
other criteria for threshold matching), at which point I got stuck.

However, this would then also be useful to work on a new web interface (say in
Catalyst).

Regards,
Buchan