TS - HOLIDAY shown from 'info' icon

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Tue Feb 16 18:47:33 CET 2010

I am running 4.3.0-0.beta2 on Cent OS 5.3 and 5.4.

Hope this assists others in setting up Xymon.

I have the holidays working and the date in the MM/DD format.

                Some how the hobbit-holidays.cfg file did not get copied
over upon installation.

                I copied it over to the correct location (see below).

                I also found that you cannot have more than one space
between the data pairs:

                                e.g.  =static month=99 day=88 or the
line does not show.

                I also added the line to the top of bb-hosts:

                                0.0.0.0   .default.               #
holidays=us

                I also added the line to hobbitserver.cfg to fix the
date format:

                                HOLIDAYFORMAT="%m/%d"

The question I have, is why when I select the 'info' icon do I get a
listings of:

                Holidays 2009 (us)   and another listing for Holidays
2010 (us)?

There is only one location to set the holidays for the year in
/home/xymon/server/etc/hobbit-holidays.cfg.

So why do I get two columns with different headings?

Is there a way to only show the current holiday year?

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D

Salt Lake City, UT  84116