[hobbit] Need Help Configuring BBWin on DMZ

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:14:18 CET 2010

> iain at shihad wrote:

>> Hello;
>>
>> I am trying to get BBWin installed on a box within a DMZ, my intention is to set this up so that the server pulls the data from the client.
>>

> BBwin is a client, not a server so you are probably on a loser here....

Based on your response, so is the "client" that is compiled, but "it" can be setup in this manner, although I've never done so, yet...

>> My BBWin.cfg has this:

>> I've tried various settings to the above, none allow me to telnet to localhost onto port 1984. There is no firewall, yet, preventing me from doing so. The windows agent has been started.
>>

> Yes. The client does not listen on port 1984. That is the server

I recall seeing this described in a thread sometime ago, but for *nix clients, are you saying that it will just not work at all on a windows client?  What about using the BB windows agent?

> I think you need to look at the proxy system here

Can you please describe what in the proxy I should be looking at/for?

Many thanks,

.vadim