[hobbit] Hobbit following cluster nodes (or can I include a file in localclient.cfg)

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Feb 2 10:05:32 CET 2010

On Tuesday 02 February 2010, L.M.J wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have a passive/active cluster on 2 Linux servers :
For AIX, I created a script that runs on each cluster node.  Each node has a
normal hobbit client running.  I also have an entry in bb-hosts for each
clustered application.

I have a config file where I link the ip address to the Xymon name I used in bb-
hosts (or you can use an other method in stead of the ip address to figure out
wich applications are running a cluster node).

Each cluster nodes runs a external script that uses the previous config file to
figure out wich applications are running.  For each application, it generates a
file with the same syntax as the normal hobbit client does and it sends the
content with the correct hobbit client name to the xymon server.
You can see the syntax if you click on 'Client data available' on a disk
check.

So basically, I have a hobbit client running per application on the cluster
that behaves exactly like a normal client.
I even configured external tests per application in the config file.

Hope this helps.

Stef