[xymon] patches for 4.3 beta release?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 8 17:51:36 CET 2010

In <4CFF8623.8060800 at mcclatchyinteractive.com> Tom Georgoulias <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:

>Are there any recommended patches or a patch set that I should apply to
>the 4.3 beta before I test it?  I'm about to upgrade one of my xymon
>4.2.3 installs to test the new beta and figured I'd ask.

There are a few changes, the worst bug is probably the one that makes
xymongrep (bbhostgrep) not return anything at all. Another bug caused
hostname-matching to fail if you had a list of hostnames where one
hostname was a substring of another - this was present also in 4.2.x.

There are some compile-fixes for compiling without LDAP support, and
on Solaris.

You could check-out the current 4.3 branch from the SVN repository,
but I've put a patch-file up for download on
http://www.hswn.dk/~henrik/post-beta3.diff.gz

Since the number of bug-reports for beta-3 has been so low, I think
I'll do the 4.3.0 release before Christmas.