[xymon] Compare Xymon and Nagios

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimited.co.za
Thu Dec 2 06:15:16 CET 2010

Sinh Chao Tinh (I assume you are Vietnamese judging by your name).

One of the most usefull features of xymon versus Nagios for me is that
Xymon is extremely easy to get up and running, troubleshoot and
understand. I recently had a look at Nagios and OpenNMS just to see
whats on the other side of the fence.  Also to add new custom alerts to
Xymon is very very easy compared to the other two. For example I monitor
values in a SQL table every 5 minutes and alert our operations team when
there is a discrepancy. The whole process of developing the script to do
it must have been about 5 minutes.

Anyway

Hope that gives you some answers.