[xymon] Disable alerts if $SOME_SERVICE is down

Take take at nerd.fi
Thu Aug 19 15:45:49 CEST 2010

On 08/19/2010 01:43 PM, Eric Meddaugh wrote:
> Also, the "route" tag may do something like this, but you may have to place it on each host...or the "depends" tag.

Thanks for your reply. I tried to experiment with the depends -tag, but
for some reason that doesn't work like it should. Please, correct me if
I'm wrong, but I have this on my bb-hosts:

group Others
1.2.3.4    foo.bar # ssh smtps imaps NOCOLUMNS:files,ports,msgs
depends=(conn:xymon/conn)

group Local
127.0.0.1       xymon # conn=worst,5.6.7.8 bbd http://xymon/
NOCOLUMNS:files,ports,procs,msgs

Where 5.6.7.8 is an gateway address for xymon-box. Now, AFAIK that
depends -line should 'translate' as: "If foo.bar connection fails AND
xymon connection fails foo.bar connection doesn't have error".

Have I understood something wrong, is the syntax wrong or is there
something else going on? Xymon is an Ubuntu Ludic and xymon is installed
via apt, version 4.3.0~beta2.dfsg-5.

--
Take