Propagating client-side external tests to more than one BBDISPLAY

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Fri Aug 6 17:26:44 CEST 2010

I have the following setup for several of my clients where their Xymon Server
is configured send reports to their local Xymon server which then updates my
Xymon server over VPN links like so:

Site1-xymon-clients --> Site1 Xymon Server --> My Xymon server
Site2-xymon-clients --> Site2 Xymon Server ---/  /  /
Site3-xymon-clients --> Site3 Xymon Server -----/  /
Site4-xymon-clients --> Site4 Xymon Server -------/

Site1-Site4 hobbitserver.cfg:

--[snip]--
BBDISP="0.0.0.0"
BBDISPLAYS="<local xymon ip> <my Xymon IP>"
--[snip]--

My Xymon server's bb-hosts file is configured such that each remote site has
it's own link on my main Xymon page and below that Site link is their Xymon
main page where all reports and sub pages are represented in the same format
as their local Xymon server's layout.

The only remote tests/reports that are not being propagated to my Xymon server
are those that are generated by client-side external scripts.

My question:  Can reports generated by client-side external scripts be
propagated to a second BBDISPLAY server:

A: Without using bbproxy

and

B: Without modifying the BBDISP and BBDISPLAY variables in the clients'
hobbitclient.cfg file to directly send reports to two BBDISPLAY servers

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC