[hobbit] Top-Posting (was Re: [hobbit] Custom script shows purple)

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Apr 29 17:29:54 CEST 2010

On Wed, April 28, 2010 22:07, Vernon Everett wrote:

> Most people on this list are pretty smart, and know how to scroll up, and
>  some even know how to scroll down. You get a response to your question
> posted by somebody who is doing us all a favour. Take it and be happy.
> Don't complain about how you got it. That's just being ungrateful.

I think I started this, with what I thought to be a rather innocuous
parenthetical "insert top posting rant boilerplate here" instead of any
actual complaint about the practice.

I didn't intend to kick up a controversy, and I've apologized.  But
neither was I asking a question, nor am I ungrateful for the information I
get by mostly lurking here.

As Humpty Dumpty said, "There's glory for you!".