[hobbit] Top-Posting (was Re: [hobbit] Custom script shows purple)

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 04:07:07 CEST 2010

Top posting? Bottom Posting? Who cares? Really?
What are we trying to achieve here? Stop and think about it for a moment.

This is a forum for us to share knowledge, experience and know-how with each
other.
This forum is kept alive by posts from people who give up their time to
post. They don't have to post, they do it as a favour. A donation of time,
as it were.
Complaining about how people post to this forum, is like giving a hundred
bucks to charity, in ten dollar notes, and they complain the want two
fifties instead.
Would you give again? I know I wouldn't.

Most people on this list are pretty smart, and know how to scroll up, and
some even know how to scroll down.
You get a response to your question posted by somebody who is doing us all a
favour. Take it and be happy. Don't complain about how you got it.
That's just being ungrateful.

Regards
    Vernon

P.S. This response has also been bottom-posted for your convenience.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Josh Luthman
<josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>wrote:

> Pretty much.  Don't you drive in the painted lines? =)
>

> Josh Luthman
> Office: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>
> “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue
> that counts.”
> --- Winston Churchill

>> require me to stop using pine to read it.
>> >
>> > The changes aren't in SMTP or POP, but rather the client applications.
>>  Clients today are predominately top posting.  Clients years ago used bottom
>> posting.
>>
>> So this decade of technological progress you were referring to is the
>> default location of the cursor? ;)
>>
>> While we're on the subject, for those that don't know about it, this is
>> awesome: http://code.google.com/p/quotefixformac/
>>
>> --
>> Rob McBroom
>> <http://www.skurfer.com/>

Top posting? Bottom Posting? Who cares? Really?
What are we trying to achieve here? Stop and think about it for a moment.

This is a forum for us to share knowledge, experience and know-how with each
other.
This forum is kept alive by posts from people who give up their time to
post. They don't have to post, they do it as a favour. A donation of time,
as it were.
Complaining about how people post to this forum, is like giving a hundred
bucks to charity, in ten dollar notes, and they complain the want two
fifties instead.
Would you give again? I know I wouldn't.

Most people on this list are pretty smart, and know how to scroll up, and
some even know how to scroll down.
You get a response to your question posted by somebody who is doing us all a
favour. Take it and be happy. Don't complain about how you got it.
That's just being ungrateful.

Regards
    Vernon

P.S. This response has also been top-posted for your convenience.