[hobbit] BBwin Security role?

doctor at makelofine.org doctor at makelofine.org
Wed Apr 28 17:01:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:23:06 -0300, Mario Andre Panza
<rower.master at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was looking at the bbwin command line tool bbwincmd.exe help page and
> something really get me worried.
> There we have :
>
> *Sending a drop
> Sending a hostname rename
> Sending a test rename
> <newtestname
> Sending a download message. default download path is the filename
requested
> it
[<path>]

> *I've tried from an agent to drop a test and thanks God doesn't work.
I've
> tried from a linux xymon-client and thanks God again didin't work too.
> I don't know why this is in the documentation , but my question is why
this
> kind of administration commands are available at the agents?
> In my opinion this is not a good idea.
> If one day this kind of thing work, how we can avoid the server to
execute
> this? Is there something in the configuration?
>

> Regards,
>
> Mario.

Hi,

I never tried to drop data from bbwin, but from bb command on Linux, I can
do it.
The only way I found to block it, until a new Xymon version including auth
is released, is to use firewall rules to filter hosts allowed to contact
Xymon server on port 1984 (default one)