[hobbit] Server showing Blue (and Linux agents not reporting)

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Apr 23 15:06:54 CEST 2010

On Friday, 23 April 2010 13:31:35 David Morgan wrote:
> 1)  There isn't any disabled tests listed either under the
> maintainance Admin page, nor the Hobbit Server Info page.  (It is the
> hobbit server itself, that is showing blue tests for cpu, disk, files,
> memory, msgs, ports, procs)  bbd, bbgen, bbtest, con, hobbitd, http,
> info, and trends all show green.  THis indicates that data isn't
> coming through,

No, purple would indicate that it's not coming through. Blue indicates it has
been disabled.

> although for the blue checks it is the hobbit server
> itself.

If you mean it is actually purple, then maybe you changed the hostname of the
server from 'localhost' in bb-hosts, but didn't change hobbitserver.cfg and
restart xymon?

> 2)  There is nothing listed in the hobbitd page, nor the ghost client
>  report.

Then my recommendation above is wrong, and the only possibility is that the
client is running, but you said this is for the xymon server itself, which is
nigh impossible.

With the information you have provided so far, your problem can't exist. Maybe
you can be more precise in your explanation, and/or include the output of some
'hobbitdboard' or 'hobbitdlog' queries.

Regards,
Buchan