[hobbit] Server showing Blue (and Linux agents not reporting)

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Apr 23 10:16:01 CEST 2010

On Thursday, 22 April 2010 20:46:44 David Morgan wrote:
> Quick question,
>
> I just stood up a new xymon server (latest release).  There is a
> client running on the server, but most of the "checks" are showing
> blue.  If you click on them, they show a green status (with blue
> background).

And, is the date on the checks relatively current? If so, the data is coming
through, but someone has disabled the test ...

> Any thoughts on where I should check?

On the server's info page? To see which tests are disabled, when, by who ...

> Also, we have configured one Linux agent.  The agent seems to be alive
> and working, I can telnet to port the xymon port from it, but there is
> no data (it's acting like there is no agent.

The usual hostname differs from the name in bb-hosts? Have you check the ghost
clients list?

Regards,
Buchan