Load threasholds when bbwin in 'central' mode

Whilding, Craig Craig_Whilding at mentor.com
Tue Sep 29 15:14:45 CEST 2009

I decided to try out 4.3 beta 2 along with the central mode for 'bbwin'
clients. Unfortunately when doing this I discovered many of the windows
boxes were alerting red because the load was higher than my defaults of
4 and 8...

Now I've upped these to 95 and 100 to represent the percentage the
windows boxes are using but this means the unix boxes could be broken
and I wont know without setting individual alert thresholds.

Is there a way to change the windows 'load' to be 'load percentage' or
something so each type of box is using a different monitoring type? I
know there were discussions about having UNIX boxes sending in a load
percentage but that this was a difficult thing to achieve correctly.

Our hostnames are normally dictated by service rather than platform
unfortunately so I can't always just put so8/w2k etc pcre expressions in
the thresholds to differentiate OS type.

Regards,

Craig Whilding