[hobbit] Re: Vertical columns. Is it possible?

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:37:42 CEST 2009

Cayo,

Are you aware of the "all non-green" and the "Critical systems" views?  The
"non-green" view provides you with a condensed view of current problems
across everything you monitor, and it reduces the column count.  It also
shows a list of recent transition events so you can see what you might have
missed.

The Critical systems view is even more configurable but you have to take the
time to enter information about each of your hosts and assign them the
correct tags.  If you take the time to do this you can provide another nice
display that is somewhat tailored to show the importance of what is being
monitored.

I generally watch the non-green view myself because it provides me "at a
glance" status.

I know you were after something else, but I thought I might share these
thoughts with you in case you are really searching for a way to show
operators "what's important" and the notion of exchanging columns and rows
was just a technique that you wanted to explore...

GLH