[hobbit] trying to check apt and dnsreg

David Hay Currie dhaycurrie at leisurefitness.com
Tue Sep 15 17:26:06 CEST 2009

I am running Xymon 4.3.0-0.beta2.

When I installed the package from apt-get it automatically was checking
apt status, which I liked it a lot. I did some research and that is part
of the client.

To have the latest version I downloaded the source code and I compiled
it on my server (Ubuntu 9.04), but I can get apt to work now. I even
downloaded the xymon-client. Can anyone tell me how to get the apt
(updates) check on?

Also, I was checking the demo and I saw that xymon(hobbit) can check
dnsreg to see if a domain is not expired, but I haven't found
information on how to add the check.

They are both probably easy problems J