[hobbit] Connection Refused

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Fri Oct 16 16:38:25 CEST 2009

Manocchia, Robert wrote:

> I just set up a new server to connect to my hobbit server for
> monitoring. I can see conn, info and trends but nothing else. When I
> check the hobbitclient.log on the client server I see the following error:
>

> Could not connect to bbd at 127.0.0.1:1984 - Connection refused
>

> I have checked /etc/hosts , bb-hosts, and uname and the names all match.
>

> I have restarted the hobbit client on the client server to no avail.
>

> I’m baffled.

Since the Xymon server is completing "conn" tests correctly, you know
the server bb-hosts etc. is OK.
The Xymon client does not autodetect the server, so it must have the
Xymon server's IP address configured.  Is it?

I have no details on your installation, so generally check around for
the file that sets BBDISP on your client.  That may be the
client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg file under your client install root, or for
some packaged clients, it might be an /etc/default/hobbit-client or
/etc/sysconfig/hobbit file.

Hope that helps.
-Alan