[hobbit] Alert if a list of devices that are not related are all down?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Oct 6 21:45:23 CEST 2009

Den Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:38:33 -0600 skrev d.tom.schmitt:

> Thanks Bruce I've got the data.
> Is the time in seconds since Jan 1, 1970 or some other calculation?

Seconds since Jan 1st 1970 00:00 UTC.

> Is there a utility with Xymon to convert it to date and time?

No, but if you only want to use it to check how long ago something
happened, then you don't need to convert it to human-readable form.
Just compare it against the value from "date +%s".

I have a simple C program that will do the conversion, I think it
is trivial to do in Perl as well (not a Perl person myself, though).

> There are three entries in the file for each device on the page=PW:
> part of /tmp/PW file
> 		Printer070|green|0
> 		Printer070|green|0
> 		Printer070|green|1254781165
> Here is the command I used:
> /home/xymon/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard page=PW
> color=red,green,lastchange fields=hostname,color,lastchange" >/tmp/PW

You didn't specify "test=conn" in that command, so you're getting the
result from the "conn" status as well as the "trends" and "info"
columns (you can see that if you add "testname" in the fields-list).

> P.S.  Is there a location with all the fields you can request?

See the bb(1) man-page.