BBWin Central vs Local Configuration

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 13:50:13 CET 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know why the information displayed on Xymon is so different depending on whether you set BBWin to use centralised or local configuration? For example, services in central mode list all available services, whereas in local mode it only shows the ones you want to monitor - centralised mode also doesn't allow spaces in the service name.

In centralised mode, it seems to be hit or miss whether it reports on events in the system log (some clients work, some don't), whereas in local mode it works fine.

I think we may be sticking with local mode and finding a way to deploy configuration files for now.

Thanks,

Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader