AntiSpam & RBL Hits - Does it Make Sense to Monitor?

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:57:28 CET 2009

Hello All;

Well, the more you play with Xymon, the more uses you come up with for it.

For example, I am responsible for our AV/antispam/Postfix server, on that server we block inbound email based on anything from being on our "do not allow" list, to being on one of two RBL's we use, and of course being identified as either spam or a virus.

So where am I going with this?  I'd like to know if anyone out there is monitoring something similar, and query you folks to see if this even makes sense for Xymon?

One reason why I'd like to add this into Xymon is that we already use too many "tools", and I'd like to either rid us of some of these or condense some of them into just one tool where possible.  Of course having Xymon with its rrd graphs would play an important role too since my management would love to see that data in a graphical representation.

Thanks all in advance,

.vp