[hobbit] Antwort: [hobbit] Monitor CIFS mount on Linux client?

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 18 14:54:23 CET 2009

On Wed, November 18, 2009 06:36, thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com wrote:
> Hi
>
>> I can exclude CIFS using df options to avoid the hang, but then I won't
>>  get any warning at all unless I find a better way to check the mounts.
>>  Suggestions?
> I have written an SMB test for Hobbit a few years ago, maybe this is what
>  you are looking for. It writes a small file to a CIFS share, reads it
> and then deletes it using the smbclient program.

Thanks!  Although this script won't work for testing the already-mounted
CIFS filesystem, I can perhaps use it as an architectural model for such a
test on the CIFS FS mount.  But I'm now thinking that anything I do to
check the status will hang, blocked on IO, unkillable, just like the df
does, so the effort may be pointless.  Purple may be the best I can do.