[hobbit] Sub-Page notifications

wshart at hormel.com wshart at hormel.com
Mon Nov 2 22:59:23 CET 2009

I discovered that using page=Page/SubPage seems to work for part number 2.
I didn't see it noted that way in the top of the page, but am glad it
works.

Thanks,
Bill Hart

  From:       wshart at hormel.com

  To:         hobbit at hswn.dk

  Date:       11/02/2009 03:56 PM

  Subject:    [hobbit] Sub-Page notifications

Has anyone tried to use the "page" setting in hobbit-alerts ?

I've noticed a couple of things with it, one isn't a huge deal, the other
one is.

The first thing I noticed was that page only works for the primary listing
on the machines, so if you have a #noconn setting that page won't work with
the page tag in hobbit-alerts.cfg

The next thing that is a much bigger problem is that we have a sub-Page
that we wanted to have alerts on, but that doesn't seem to trigger on the
"page" tag either.

Is there any work-around on this ?  It would be nice to be able to utilize
the sub page notifications since we have to maintain those lists anyway for
our various groups.  Otherwise I can re-(re-)organize the bb-hosts file
without the subpage settings, but that isn't optimal necessarily either.

Thanks,
Bill Hart
Technical Services Associate Systems Programmer

Notice:
This communication is an electronic communication within the meaning of the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. ? 2510.  Its disclosure is
strictly limited to the recipient(s) intended by the sender of this
message.  This transmission and any attachments may contain proprietary,
confidential, attorney-client privileged information and/or attorney work
product. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution, reliance on, or use of any of the information contained
herein is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Please destroy the original transmission
and its attachments without reading or saving in any matter and confirm by
return email.