[hobbit] monitor processes by owner

Josie Wells josie_wells at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 15:53:06 CET 2009

Thank you Bruce, Patrick, Jerald and David for your suggestions.

Although Patrick's idea sounds good I would like to monitor other processes as well if possible.

To confirm the the reasoning behind what I am trying to do, I am trying to see if the number of oracle owned processes ever comes close to the limit defined by the OS (MAXUPROC I think it's called) - a problem we have had in the past.

Therefore I'd like it to include all oracle processes rather than monitoring the oracle port as Bruce suggests.

Maybe the custom script is the way to go - but I'd really like to avoid that if I can.

Josie