Clientupdate problems

rdeal rdeal at jcvi.org
Fri May 29 23:59:17 CEST 2009

Does anyone have clientupdate working reliably for a large number of
machines?  I noticed a problem with clientupdate failing on our 4.2.0 server
and tracked it down that once a few clients seem to request the update the
server stops sending the file.  The clients however happily update the
clientversion.cfg and thus never attempt to get the file again.  After
upgrading to 4.2.3, the problem is the same.

Anyone else see this?  I have read some of the back forum messages and it
sounds line several others have run up against this same problem but there
doesn't seem to be a solution.
Butch