no data on xymon server for zonestat

Kevin Kelly kkelly at lifetouch.com
Fri May 29 15:39:43 CEST 2009

I am having trouble getting the zonestat.sh script to update the xymon
server. I know I have posted this before, but have gotten limited
response. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I have done:

Hobbitserver.cfg

# status view of a test should include a graph.

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tc
p,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apa

che,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bb
test,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines

,zonestat"

# This defines which RRD files to include on the "trends" column
webpage,

# and the order in which they appear.

GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,t
cp.http,tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntp

stat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,
bbproxy,hobbitd,ifstat,clock,lines,zonestat"

Hobbitlaunch.cfg

[rrddata]

        ENVFILE /apps/xymon/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg

        NEEDS hobbitd

        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=data \

        --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-data.log hobbitd_rrd \

        --extra-tests=zonestat \

        --extra-script=/apps/xymon/server/ext/rrd_data.pl \

        --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd

Have added to hobbitgraph.cfg the need stuff and also put rrd_data.pl
into the ext directory.

Looks like on the client everything is running just fine, I get a
hobbit_zonestat file create the tmp with information in it.