removing a purple alert

john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Fri May 22 17:43:12 CEST 2009

System:
xymon-4.3.0-beta
ubunutu 8.04
devmon-0.3.1-beta1

Although I had devmon running it is not currently and there are no cron
scripts enabled.  I have a constant "dm" test that is purple and it will
not go away.

I have:
./bb n.n.n.n "drop 161mon:dm" (several times)
Removed all "dm" releated hist logs etc.
I have cleared my browser cache and have even started up IE on another
machine an the purple shows there also.

With BB it has been relatively easy to rid myself of the errant purples
but what else does it take to get rid of them on xymon?

This test is/was reported on my xymon server and not a client machine.

Thanks,

John

John R. Rothlisberger

Accenture  *  Accenture Business Process Outsourcing  *  BSS Support
Center

Office: 312.693.3136  *  Octel: 68/33136  *  Fax: 312.652.3136

MSN: johnr3728 at hotmail.com

AIM: johnr3728