Multiple Xymon Servers

Ken Mink ken at minktech.com
Tue May 19 18:34:01 CEST 2009

We've got two xymon servers running 4.3.0-0.20090209. The clients are
mostly hobbit 4.2.0. The goal was for the servers to run in parallel and
stay in sync. I don't know if I did something wrong, but we're having a
problem with the trend graphs and rrd. The rrd-status.log is full of
messages like:

2009-05-19 12:26:02 RRD error updating
/var/opt/hobbit/rrd/myhost.mydomain/la.rrd from 10.15.50.111: illegal
attempt to update using time 1242750061 when last update time is
1242750061 (minimum one second step)

Each client has
BBDISP="0.0.0.0"
BBDISPLAYS="10.15.50.10 10.15.50.12"
in it's config so that it's sending data to both servers.

Both servers have the same in their hobbitserver.cfg file.

Doing this made sense to me so that if one server went down, it would
still be getting client data. Also, we can disable/enable things on one
server and the other show the appropriate status. Only one server is
running bbpage, however.

Did I configure things incorrectly for multiple servers or is there a
deeper problem?

Thanks,
Ken