[hobbit] Access to Xymon data via library functions?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Mar 30 12:52:27 CEST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 08:43:35 Ward, Martin wrote:
> Henrik/All,
> I have spent the last few days writing a Perl script that reads through the
> /hostdata/ files, extracts interface information for each server that I
> monitor and writes/updates a MySQL database. I now want to extract other
> information from the same file which brings up the question: Is there any
> sort of library of functions that I could compile into a C program to make
> access to this data any easier? I have had a poke through the sources for
> Xymon 4.2.2 but can't find what I need 8-(

Actually, I was thinking about this, as it would be useful to be able to
access some configuration information in (e.g.) perl. Ideally, if there were a
shared library for Hobbit/Xymon that included the functions for reading
configuration, events, data, it could be exposed to scripting languages as
well.

Regards,
Buchan