[hobbit] Hobbitd Client crashed

Henrik =?unknown-8bit?Q?St=C3=B8rner?= henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 24 13:40:08 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 08:28:26AM -0500, wshart at hormel.com wrote:
> The way this is behaving though it almost looks like xymon is failing to
> send a green status when things are running.  I say this because restarting
> the server and service with the lines for central management all commented
> out still leaves me with a purple status for hobbitd_client, but an updated
> time on the page for the current or previous time stamp.

The "hobbitd_client" status must be dropped manually. It usually
does not exist, it is only generated when the hobbitd_client program
crashes. You need to send a "drop" request to remove it:

  bb 127.0.0.1 "drop myhobbitserver hobbitd_client"

About the crash itself, this points to a bug in the bbwin-handler
of hobbitd_client. I haven't dug into it myself, but perhaps the
bbwin folks will provide a solution (they wrote the code) ...