[hobbit] ntp check

Kip, D. - GDI/SNB d.kip at gdi.minjus.nl
Mon Mar 16 12:11:50 CET 2009

I've just been troubleshooting a similar problem.

It seems the hobbitserver tries to query the ntp-daemon on the client by
issueing an ntpdate -q command with the client-IP .
In my case, this did not work for a particular client, since it's
firewall would not allow outside queries.

I was first thinking the ntpdate check was executed locally on the
client, but it appears it is not.
I was able to reproduce the output by executing the command on the
server instead, which led us to the cause of the problem.

Hope this helps.