[hobbit] Adding a New Column to my hobbit server

Sanu Mathew mathew.sanu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:36:51 CET 2009

Thanks Stef,

Here is my script.

#!/bin/sh
COLUMN=foo # Name of the column
COLOR=green             # By default, everything is OK
MSG="foo is Down"
MSG1="foo is Good"
COLOR=red
$BB $BBDISP "status $MACHINE.$COLUMN $COLOR `date` ${MSG}"
sleep 60
COLOR=green
$BB $BBDISP "status $MACHINE.$COLUMN $COLOR `date` ${MSG1}"
fi
fi
Let me know if the above task is right.

> 2. Is there a way to know if the client is able to send the data to the
> hobbit server?

>You can search in the data directory of the hobbit server.  Each server has
directory in the histlogs directory.  In this directory is a sub-directory
per check/column.
There is no sub directory with foo for that server name.

> 1. Is there a way i can debug to find what went wrong?

Dump the bb command you execute in your script to stdout and check for
errors.
Try to execute the same command on the command line and check for errors.
Please help on this.

Regards,
Sanu