Replicating disabled tests to another server

Epp, Matthew Mr CTR matthew.epp at us.army.mil
Thu Mar 5 22:30:18 CET 2009

I am getting ready to set up a multi-master environment, making what up until now was simply another
server feeding client data to the primary server, into a second primary server. Currently the
secondary has none of the data on which tests are disabled. I need to know how to merge this
information from the primary to the secondary, without corrupting the existing checkpoint data.

I tried a test, copying one of the "blue" lines from the primary hobbitd.chk file into the
secondary, but it had some weird results. It showed a completely different server and test as
disabled on the Enda/dis page, so it looks like the order of the lines in the file may be a requirement?

If I simply copy the entire alert.chk and hobbitd.chk files from primary to secondary and restart,
will this work or have any adverse consequences on the secondary?

The current setup is:

Primary <---- Secondary
  Prime        Secondary
  Site           Site