[hobbit] BBTEST_SOAP? What does it do?

Henrik =?unknown-8bit?Q?St=C3=B8rner?= henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 4 13:34:02 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 01:01:49PM +0100, Frank Gruellich wrote:
> while digging around on my own for an answer to
> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2009/03/msg00020.html I found BBTEST_SOAP in
> some source files.  Unfortunately I could not find anything in the
> documentation regarding SOAP requests.  What does it do?  How does it
> work?  What's the status of implementation?

It's in the 4.3.0 code. Here's the man-page describing it:

  soap[=COLUMN];URL;SOAPMESSAGE;[expected_data_regexp|#digesttype:digest]
    Send SOAP message over HTTP. This is  identical  to  the "cont"
    test, except that the request sent to the server uses a Content-
    type of "application/soap+xml", and it also sends a "SOAPAction"
    header with the URL. SOAPMESSAGE is the SOAP message sent to the
    server. Since SOAP messages are usually XML documents, you  can
    store  this  in a separate file by specifying "file:FILENAME" as
    the SOAPMESSAGE parameter.  E.g. a test specification of
        soap=echo;http://soap.foo.bar/baz?wsdl;file:/home/foo/msg.xml;.
    will  read  the SOAP message from the file /home/foo/msg.xml and
    post it to the URL http://soap.foo.bar/bas?wsdl

    Note that SOAP XML documents usually must  begin  with the  XML
    version line, <?xml version="1.0">