[hobbit] Hobbit Graphs by cron

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Jun 26 10:27:23 CEST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009 00:21:55 Paul Ward wrote:
> If I am asked to show the cpu usage for 25th feb 2009 hobbit can not do it.

Why not? Granted, the data will be averaged out and you won't be able to go
more than 2 year back (unless you use Stef's script), but the "Metrics Report"
can do this.

E.g., by choosing the relevant details, I get a URL like this:
http://hobbit/hobbit-cgi/hobbit-hostgraphs.sh?start-mon=2&start-day=25&start-
yr=2009&end-mon=2&end-day=26&end-
yr=2009&hostname=$HOST&testname=la1&DoReport=Generate+Report

, and you can also do it by zooming in to the graph on the cpu page that
covers that time frame.

> I need to have an automated method of saving the images, as I do not
> wish to right click and save over 50 images every day, for CPU alone.

wget 'http://hobbit/hobbit-
cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=$HOST&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&nostale&color=green&graph=hourly'
-O $HOST-`date +%Y%m%d`.png

?

> this must be an automated process, then I get use perl to generate
> reports with this data.

You could of course 'use RRDs;' instead, to access the RRD data directly,
instead of post-processing data that has been interpreted to an image.

Regards,
Buchan