Impossible to check FILE and LOG with --local on the client side

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Thu Jun 25 14:26:41 CEST 2009

On the "regtro" server :
     File: /opt/hobbit-monitor/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
            #CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh --local
            CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh

    On the Hobbit server :
     File: server/etc/client-local.cfg
          [regtro]
          log:/var/log/messages:10240
          ignore MARK
          log:/oracle/REG/saptrace/background/alert_REG.log:10240

     File: server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg
          HOST=regtro
                  UP      1h
                  CLOCK   120
                  MEMPHYS 100 101
                  MEMSWAP 50 80
                  MEMACT  90 97
                  LOAD    5  10
                  DISK    /usr/sap/oldtrans46     95 98
                  DISK    *                       92 98
                  PROC    ypbind  1       red
                  PROC    sshd    1       red
                  PROC    apache  1       red
                  FILE /var/log/messages  SIZE>0 MTIME<1200 yellow
                  FILE /var/log/messages  yellow  "timed out!"
                  FILE /var/log/messages  yellow  "abort!"
                  LOG %/var/log/messages %(I/O|read).error COLOR=red
                  LOG %/oracle/REG/saptrace/background/alert_REG.log
%checkpoint

That works fine. Log files are check which is great.
Now, If I switch to --local :

    On the "regtro" server :
     File: /opt/hobbit-monitor/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
            CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh --local
            #CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh

     File: /opt/hobbit-monitor/client/etc/localclient.cfg
            DEFAULT
                  UP      1h
                  CLOCK   120
                  MEMPHYS 100 101
                  MEMSWAP 50 80
                  MEMACT  90 97
                  LOAD    5  10
                  DISK    /usr/sap/oldtrans46     95 98
                  DISK    *                       92 98
                  PROC    ypbind  1       red
                  PROC    sshd    1       red
                  PROC    apache  1       red
                  FILE /var/log/messages  SIZE>0 MTIME<1200 yellow
                  FILE /var/log/messages  yellow  "timed out!"
                  FILE /var/log/messages  yellow  "abort!"
                  LOG %/var/log/messages %(I/O|read).error COLOR=red
                  LOG %/oracle/REG/saptrace/background/alert_REG.log
%checkpoint

The LOG and FILE functions doesn't work anymore. According to this
discussion "http://www.hobbitmon.com/hobbiton/2006/06/msg00575.html", I
have to create a file "client/tmp/logfetch.`uname -n`.cfg" with "LOG
%/oracle/REG/saptrace/background/alert_REG.log %checkpoint ...". I did this
and it doesn't work at all (same message : "The client did not report any
logfile data").

  Is anyone could help me out with this issue ?

    Best regards,

      LMJ