[hobbit] Xymon roadmap

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:25:25 CEST 2009

> From: stef.coene at docum.org
> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:55:24 +0200
> Subject: Re: [hobbit] Xymon roadmap
>
> On Wednesday 24 June 2009, T.J. Yang wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:18:13 +0200
>>> From: Padraig.Lennon at pioneerinvestments.com
>>> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>>> Subject: RE: [hobbit] Hobbit developer access.
>>>
>>> This brings up a good point.. We use Xymon extensively at my company but
>>> I'm worried about the lack of a long term outlook for the project.
>>
>> Same here in regard of xymon deployment. But what I am worry about is that
>> we still don't have a team of developers to develop xymon(hobbit).
>> we(including me ;) are still relying solely on henrik's free development
>> effort.
> There was a discussion when Henrik was out for a few weeks. And it was clear
> that there were enough volunteers (including me) to take over the
> development. Some time later, Henrik switched to a (little) more open
> development with svn where also other people had commit access.
> Anyway, when development stops. I have to take over delopment because we
> integrade xymon in our monitoring solution.

We settled to xymon after using HP NNM,HP OV, Big brother and Nagio.

> The few patches I proposed were (almost) all accepted. So Henrik is very open
> to input from other developers.

Just to be clear, my comment is not saying the Henrik is not open for others to help.
My point is that we should have more developers like Henrik to share the xymon development load. I have been trying to improve myself but still a long way to go.

tj