[hobbit] dbcheck for RAC connections refused

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Thu Jul 30 01:24:42 CEST 2009

Hi,
dbcheck.pl (and the other scripts in the package) use the CONFIG::IniFiles to read configuration data. CONFIG::Inifiles allow comment line starting with "#" and ";" but I think it will not recognize the "#" comment at the middle of a line so if you need comments you should put them alone on the line before or next to the line to comment on.

On some of the sample config file I've put some comment next to parameters and this could probably generate confusion. I'll change the sample config file and put this behavious also in the documentation I'm writing for the next version (the actual documentation is not really well written and organized).

Francesco

On Wed, July 29, 2009 15:29, martin.flemming at desy.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I want to use dbcheck.pl from
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hobbit-perl-cl/
>
> .. but unfortunatley something is going wrong, i get only
> "Connection Refused" Messages and no data  .. :-(
>
> My config is below:
[SNIP]

> dbcheck.ini:
>
> oraclehome              = /opt/products/oracle-client/10.2g/
> username                = XXXX
> password                = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>

> [atlas_tag_db]
> dbtype                  = Oracle
> oraclerac               = yes
> hostname                = lcg3d-a-v-4   # hostname of the rac instance n.2
> sid                     = atlas_tag_db  # sid of the rac instance n.2
> port                    = 1521          # port of listener on rac instance

I don't use this code, but your error output suggests that it's trying to
use your hostname, sid, and port from dbcheck.ini exactly as written,
comments and all.  I don't see anything in the sample dbcheck.ini file
that suggests that you can use trailing comments in the way that you are
doing, so perhaps you should try without those.