Monitoring SMB shares

Harold J. Ballinger hballinger at heritage-healthcare.com
Thu Jul 16 21:03:09 CEST 2009

I want a "shares" column to show up for each file server that has smb shares indicating whether or not the shares are accessible.

In a perfect world, I would like to monitor these SMB shares from the xymon server itself vs from a client. In my mind, the xymon server would have a server side script that would allow me to add "shares:Public", "shares:Users", etc. to the listings in BB-HOSTS. In fact, I had found this solution on DeadCat called "shares" that is meant to be setup on a BB server. However, it mentioned editing bbdef.sh to include shares.sh in the BBEXT variable and I just didn't know where to do this in Xymon

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!