[hobbit] How do I clone maintenance mode record ?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:32:39 CEST 2009

I realised earlier that the disabletime value coming from hobbitdboard is
actually a unix timestamp, but the disable command wants a duration in the
form of seconds, minutes or hours.  Again, this works with Ubuntu, and
probably any other Linux, but maybe not in a different Unix.  It relies on
the GNU date command, for a start...  :)

========== putblues.sh ==========
     #!/bin/sh

     . /home/xymon/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg

     cat $1 | while read line
     do
       OFS="$IFS"
       IFS="|"
       set $line
       IFS="$OFS"
       if [ "$3" -eq "-1" ]; then
         # found "disable until OK"
         lifetime="-1"
       else
         now=`date +%s`
         lifetime=`$EXPR $3 - $now`
         if [ "$lifetime" -le "0" ]; then
           # this one expired, ignore it
           continue
         else
           lifetime="$lifetime"s
         fi
       fi
       msg=`echo "$4" | $SED -e 's/\\\n/\n/g'`
       $BB localhost "disable $1.$2 $lifetime $msg"
     done

Ralph Mitchell