[hobbit] Disable alert from client or Server

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Sat Jul 11 17:17:00 CEST 2009

Hi !

you can do this with bb

>        disable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME DURATION <additional text>
>               Disables  a  specific  test  for  DURATION minutes. This
> will cause the status of this test to be listed as
>               "blue" on the BBDISPLAY server, and no alerts for this
> host/test will be generated. If DURATION is given as
>               a  number  followed by s/m/h/d, it is interpreted as being
> in seconds/minutes/hours/days respectively.   To
>               disable all tests for a host, use an asterisk "*" for
> TESTNAME.
>
>        enable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME
>               Re-enables a test that had been disabled.
>

> So you can execute bb hobbitserver "disable dbservername.* 2h Backup
> time" before shutting down the database and bb hobbitserver "enable
> dbserver.*" just at the end.

I've got an perl-script from my colleague for this,

USAGES:

hobbit_cmd -d {duration[s|m|h|d] | UNTILOK} [-s service1,service2,...] [-c
"Comment"] [-n] [-v] {HOST1 HOST2 ... | ALL}
             ^ sets downtime

hobbit_cmd -E [-s service1,service2,...] [-n] [-v] {HOST1 HOST2 ... | ALL}
             ^ cancels downtimes

hobbit_cmd -R [-s service1,service2,...] [-n] [-v] {HOST1 HOST2 ... | ALL}
             ^ erases host or service data

hobbit_cmd -L [HOST1 HOST2 ...]
             ^ prints downtime information

-c   add comments
-n   dry run
-v   increases verbosity in case of [-d], [-E] or [-R] present
-E   cancel downtime on targets (or certain service, if specified)
      mnemonic: Enable
-R   erase host or service data on server
      mnemonic: Remove
-l   reserved
-L   print verbose downtime information of all hosts or targets, if
specified.

EXAMPLES:
hobbit_cmd -d 24h -s service1,service2 -c "rebooting" HOST1 HOST2
hobbit_cmd -E -s service2 HOST1 HOST2
hobbit_cmd -R -s service2 HOST1 HOST2
hobbit_cmd -L

i could asked him, if could share it with the community ..

cheers,
 	martin