[hobbit] Password protect certain pages

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Fri Jul 10 17:10:53 CEST 2009

Harold J. Ballinger wrote:
> I have several pages that I would like to password protect in the same way that the enable/disable and acknowledge capabilities are password protected.
>
> 1) I have an entire subpage that I would like to protect
> 2) I would like for all notes to be protected
>
> If it would be possible to login once and it remembers the session (I think the current enable/disable works that way), that would be preferred since I wouldn't want to have to login each time I clicked the links, just once to confirm that I'm an authorized person.

Hobbit uses standard Web server authentication methods, so you should
look at your httpd.conf config for this.  Using additional <Directory>
or <Location> containers should help you out.  Use the same AuthRealm
setting for all of these containers (same as you use on the cgi-secure
directory), and you will not get additional prompts for credentials.
-Alan