[hobbit] How do I clone maintenance mode record ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:27:13 CEST 2009

> Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:10:23 -0600
> From: asparks at doublesparks.net
> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> Subject: Re: [hobbit] How do I clone maintenance mode record ?
>
> T.J. Yang wrote:
>>
>> I am rsyncing configuration files from hobbit1( primary) to hobbit2 (standby) server.
>>
>> But without maintenance mode records of hobbit1 copy over, hobbit2 will generate alerts for hosts that had been put into maintenance mode already.
>>
>> Currently I tried to rsync "data/disabled" directory and restart hobbit2 server but the maintenace web page still show less hosts on hobbit2.
>>
>> Anyone know where is the maintenance records store at beside "data/disabled" ?
>>

> I recall, from a code browse some time ago, that the alerts module used
> the acknowledge.log in deciding whether alerts had been sent -- you may
> need to copy that over. I thought it odd, having that in the logs/
> directory but used as a data file - but you might look at that.

Code tracing,

F1: hobbit-enadis.sh
  -> F2:  hobbit-enadis.c

Turns out hobbit-enadis.c is just an front end to issue "bb disable/enabled ..." command.

so the question is now turn into how hobbit daemon perform disabling and writing logs.

F1: http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.0/web/hobbit-enadis.sh.DIST?revision=5935&view=markup
F2: http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.0/web/hobbit-enadis.c?revision=5944&view=markup

tj