[hobbit] Editing thresholds from a web page.

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:40:50 CEST 2009

Nope. Sorry. I got 0.2 and here are the changes I made to selection_page.pl.
The additions of the two 'next' statements are just speedups (I think :-),
but the critical change is the way you are testing to see if a line is a
real host line or not. All of my hosts have an IP of 0.0.0.0, and it looks
like you are wanting the second character of the line to be a digit, but
since the second character of my line is a dot ('.') it never matches. This
works for me wrt getting the hosts loaded, but it still doesn't change the
config file.

Thanks,
Steve

--- selection_page.pl   Thu Jul  9 12:28:53 2009
***************
*** 44,49 ****
--- 44,50 ----
        while( <BBHOST> ) {

                chomp;
+         next if (/^\s*\#/ );

                ($leading, $data) = split( ' ' , $_ );

***************
*** 59,68 ****
        foreach( @files ) {
                open(FILE, $_);
                while( <FILE> ) {
                        ($leading, $data) = split( ' ' , $_ );

!                       if( substr( $leading, 1,1 ) ge 0 && substr(
$leading, 1, 1 ) le 9 ) {
                                $hosts{$data}{hostname} = $data;
                        }
                }
--- 60,72 ----
        foreach( @files ) {
                open(FILE, $_);
                while( <FILE> ) {
+                 next if ( /^\s*\#/ );
                        ($leading, $data) = split( ' ' , $_ );

! #                     if( substr( $leading, 1,1 ) ge 0 && substr(
$leading, 1, 1 ) le 9 ) {
!                       ($byte1,$byte2,$byte3,$byte4) =
split('\.',$leading);
!                       if ($byte1 ge 0 && $byte1 le 255) {
                                $hosts{$data}{hostname} = $data;
                        }
                }

--
Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce
the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility. -St. Augustine (354-430)

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)