[hobbit] Xymon hosts database.

Frenoy, Gaetan Gaetan.Frenoy at solvay.com
Thu Jul 2 10:41:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

David Peeters wrote:
> (...) We currently configure the hosts, pages etc using a windows database
> and windows front end. (...) Is there any interest in this?

Having a GUI to easily populate bb-hosts and hobbit-alerts would certainly give a great push forward to Xymon.  So yes, I am 100% sure there is interest!

As a first step, I don't think we need all the neat features available in the file-based configuration, it would only be a simplified tool for sub-groups local administrators and/or users that are starting with Xymon.

I made some projects with this framework (http://extjs.com) and this is indeed a very good platform.  And as of v2.1, it is licensed under the GPLv3 license.

> Not sure if EXTJS(or Jquery alike) can work with ldap db backend.

Yes it certainly can.  The front-end is using a independent "data store" that is populated on the back-end with the most suitable technology for you.

David Peeters wrote:
> (...)Is there anyone willing to help?

Don't have mush time to invest in such a project but I would be very interested to be kept informed and maybe give some limited help whenever possible.

> If so I was going to convert to mysql and either php or perl cgi.
> Any comments on this?

Apache, MySQL, PHP and ExtJS are for sure very good choices today.

Have a great day.

--
Gaƫtan Frenoy

This e-mail is confidential.
If you are not the addressee or an authorized recipient of this message,
any distribution, copying, publication or use of this information for any
purpose is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and then delete this message.
Ce message est confidentiel.
Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire designe de ce message ou une personne
autorisee a l'utiliser, toute distribution, copie, publication ou usage a
quelques fins que ce soit des informations contenues dans ce message sont
interdits.
Merci d'informer immediatement l'expediteur par messagerie electronique et
d'ensuite detruire ce message.