[hobbit] Temperature Graphs

Patrick Nixon pnixon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:33:42 CET 2009

The boxes I'm monitoring are windows box, so I had to go a slightly
convulted route to get the temperature information

1.) Install SpeedFan to enable monitoring for the desired temperature probes
2.) Configure SpeedFan to run as a service at boot up to enable
non-login monitoring
3.) Installed ActiveState Perl to run the script to extract the
temperature information out of SpeedFan's log file and output the file
into BBNT's saved logs directory
4.) Configured Windows to run the temp perl script every five minutes

In terms of Linux servers, I know there are scripts out there that
will work on lm-sensors and you may have to tweak them to get the
right output, but I don't imagine it will be hard.   I just don't have
any linux boxes in this setup that have a working lm-sensors setup.

If you'd like the script I wrote, even though it's probably horrible
perl, I can post it up.

--Pat